Offering Veneers in Woodinville, WA
Porcelain veneers can dramatically improve the appearance of teeth with thin, custom-made porcelain shells that are bonded over the front side of unsightly teeth. A veneer can correct teeth that are separated by gaps, stained, discolored, badly shaped, chipped or crooked.
Porcelain veneers are custom contoured and can cover one tooth or as many teeth as you desire to enhance your smile. When placed, you’ll be pleased to see that veneers look like your natural teeth and even resist staining. Your doctor will give you recommendations about certain foods and habits so that you can maintain the beauty of your veneers for years to come.
- A porcelain veneer is custom designed and contoured and takes multiple appointments. It can completely change the shape, contour, and length of your tooth.
- A porcelain veneer requires removal of a small amount of your tooth.
- A porcelain veneer may require several appointments while you and Dr. Marxen get custom impressions to achieve your most natural restoration.
- You will wear a temporary model of your new smile to evaluate its feel, function and appearance. This temporary will provide 70%-90% of the final esthetic goals with essentially 100% of the functional aspects achieved. During this “test smile” you are able to discuss and make changes with your dentist. The final beautifully natural restoration is hand crafted by a dental lab ceramist.
- During your seat appointment, your temporary veneer/veneers will be removed and your permanent restoration/s placed, and you are ready to enjoy your new smile!
Lumineers are an alternative to traditional porcelain veneers. They provide a way to conceal stains, chips, or discolored and misaligned teeth by covering your actual teeth with a layer of tooth-colored material. They are as thin as a contact lens and require little to no tooth reduction. They are bonded to your teeth and set in place with a curing light.
- A lumineer can cover the tooth but does not lend itself to the changes you may desire.
- Less tooth reduction is required.
- Fewer appointments and no temporary or “test smile” period.
- Lumineers are most effective for patients who have small teeth with gaps between them.
Contact our Woodinville, WA Dental Practice to learn more about Veneers and Lumineers.
Return to our home page for more about your Dentist in Woodinville WA.